Home » Santa Clarita News » Crime » Court (page 20)

Court

Case Continues For Man Accused Of Stabbing Detective In Canyon Country

The case of a Canyon Country man who is facing charges after allegedly stabbing a detective at a Jack-In-The-Box was continued Wednesday as officials work to determine the status of his mental health. Donald Chinchilla, 23, at the time of the crime, was charged with one count of deliberate and premeditated attempted murder of a peace officer in January of ...

Read More »

Former L.A. County Sheriff Lee Baca Denied Supreme Court Appeal

Former L.A. County Sheriff Lee Baca Denied Supreme Court Appeal

The United States Supreme Court denied to hear the appeal of former Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca’s conviction on federal charges of obstruction of justice and lying to the FBI, according to court documents. Baca had previously been sentenced to three years in prison for obstructing a federal investigation into corruption and civil rights violations at the jail that ...

Read More »

Canyon Country Man Charged With Fatally Shooting Dog Returns To Court

Canyon Country Man Charged With Fatally Shooting Dog Returns To Court

A Canyon Country man charged with shooting his German Shepherd to death returned to court Monday after pleading not guilty back in August, officials said. Christopher Ray Nard, 57, of Canyon Country, faces one felony count of cruelty to an animal with personal use of a gun allegation, according to Deputy District Attorney Bradley Lieberman with the Los Angeles County ...

Read More »

DUI Driver Accused Of Killing Man In 14 Freeway Crash Returns To Court

A fatal crash on the 14 Freeway in the northbound lanes, north of Soledad Canyon Road, prompted a DUI investigation Sunday morning, officials said.

A man accused of causing a 2017 fatal 14 Freeway crash while allegedly driving under the influence returned to court Monday, officials said. On Aug. 13, 2017, Joe Lopez, 25, of Little Rock, allegedly struck a parked car while driving on the 14 Freeway near Soledad Canyon Road, resulting in the death of Sam Edinburgh, 60. Edinburgh was parked on ...

Read More »

Husband Charged With Attempted Murder Of Wife, Mayhem, Child Abuse Returns To Court

A husband accused of the attempted murder of his wife returned to court Friday for several charges, including mayhem and child abuse, in a case that detectives called “one of the worst domestic violence assaults they have seen.” David Charles, 58, of Canyon Country, is charged with two counts of attempted murder and one count each of: injuring a spouse; ...

Read More »

Saugus Man Pleads Not Guilty To Charges Of Lewd Acts Upon A Child

A Saugus man pled not guilty on New Year’s Eve to charges of lewd acts upon a child that stems from an incident at the Westfield Valencia Town Center in late December. Andres Madrigal, 69, of Saugus, is charged with one felony count of a “lewd and lascivious act upon and with the body and certain parts of … a ...

Read More »

Saugus Man Sentenced For Nationwide Meth Trafficking

Drug-Bust

A Saugus man was sentenced last month for being part of a multi-state drug trafficking organization, officials said. On Dec. 30, Joel Travis Hills-Garcia was sentenced to five to 10 years in prison for multiple charges, including manufacturing or delivering a controlled substance, said Kate Delano, spokesperson for the Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office. Hills-Garcia was among five arrested Jan. ...

Read More »

Rapper ‘Blueface’ Pleads No Contest To Charges In Connection With Newhall Shooting

The rapper “Blueface” pleaded no contest Friday to charges in connection with a Newhall shooting in 2018, officials said Monday. Jonathan Porter, also known by his rap pseudonym Blueface, pled no contest on Dec. 27 to one misdemeanor count of carrying a loaded firearm on one’s person or in a vehicle, according to Ricardo Santiago, spokesperson for the Los Angeles ...

Read More »

Santa Clarita Girl Scouts Treasurer Sentenced To One Year For Embezzling Over 90K

patricia-cascione-girl-scouts-embezzling

A Santa Clarita Girl Scouts treasurer was sentenced Friday to one year in jail and five years of formal probation for embezzling more than $93,000 from the Girl Scouts and a local cancer center over a four-year period, officials said. Patricia Cascione, 52, of Santa Clarita, pled no contest to one felony count of embezzlement by a public or private ...

Read More »

Santa Clarita Girl Scouts Treasurer Pleads No Contest To Embezzling $90K

patricia-cascione-girl-scouts-embezzling

A Santa Clarita Girl Scouts treasurer pled no contest to embezzling over $90,000, and now faces up to a year in county jail, officials said. Patricia Cascione, 52, of Santa Clarita, pled no contest to one felony count of embezzlement by a public or private officer, according to Ricardo Santiago, spokesperson for the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.  She ...

Read More »