A mass tort lawsuit is a type of civil action. The legal mechanism is employed when numerous plaintiffs have incurred harm or injury due to the negligence, misconduct, or illicit actions of a defendant. Mass tort lawsuits are often brought forward against corporations. Common scenarios of mass tort lawsuits include mass disasters, dangerous pharmaceutical drugs, and product liabilities. Cases concerning ...
Read More »Court
Breaking News: Bill Bolde Has Felony Perjury Charges Dismissed
Bill Bolde, a former principal for Saugus High School had all felony perjury charges dismissed against him Friday, according to officials. David Diamond, Bolde’s attorney, commented on the case resolution. “The initial charges have been dismissed, meaning the wrongful allegations of felony perjury and undue influence are gone,” said Diamond. “Bill was given the option of going to trial, where ...
Read More »Canyon Country Father Held To Answer For Murder Of 2-Month-Old Baby
During the preliminary hearing for the death of his 2-month old daughter, Canyon Country man Marcel James Taylor is being held to answer in court in October. Taylor, 26, from Canyon Country, pleaded not guilty for assault on a child, and murder in November of last year. Taylor faces one count of felony assault on a child and murder. During ...
Read More »Newhall Pursuit Suspect Charged After Chase Ends With Passenger Trapped In Crash
A Newhall man was charged with four felonies earlier this month after he allegedly led deputies on a high-speed pursuit that ended in a crash in May. On Wednesday’ June 1, Oscar Castillo, 27, from Newhall had four felony charges filed against him in court in connection with a Newhall pursuit, said Ricardo Santiago, spokesperson for the Los Angeles County ...
Read More »Former Saugus School Board Member Pleads No Contest To Grand Theft Charges
Paul De La Cerda, a former Saugus School Board member and Dean of East Los Angeles College pled no contest to a charge of grand theft on Friday. De La Cerda was sentenced to two years probation for grand theft as a result of a plea agreement for a lesser charge, the original charges being one felony count each of ...
Read More »Ron Jeremy Sexual Assault Case Suspended Due To Mental Health Questions
The case against Ron Jeremy, an adult film star indicted for over 30 instances of sexual assault, including sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl at a house party in Santa Clarita, has been suspended amid questions about his mental competence. Thursday, attorneys representing Jeremy called into question his mental competence, according to Ricardo Santiago, spokesperson for the Los Angeles County District ...
Read More »Murder Suspect Pleads Not Guilty After Fatal 14 Freeway Crash North Of Santa Clarita
A drunk driver who was arrested for murder last year after causing a fatal 14 Freeway crash north of Santa Clarita pleading not guilty Friday. Roberto Deloya, 35, from Palmdale pleading not guilty in court Friday, said Ricardo Santiago, spokesperson for the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office. Around 1:15 a.m. Friday, July 16, 2021, first responders received reports of ...
Read More »Former Saugus School Board Member Pleads Not Guilty To Embezzlement Charges
A Former Saugus School Board member and Dean of East Los Angeles College appeared in court on Friday to face charges of embezzlement. Friday, Paul De La Cerda pled not guilty to the embezzlement charges, said Greg Risling, a spokesperson for the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office. De La Cerda served as East Los Angeles College (ELAC) Dean until ...
Read More »Santa Clarita Attempted Murder Suspect Pleads Not Guilty
A Santa Clarita attempted murder suspect who tried killing his wife and son in 2019, in a case that detectives called “one of the worst domestic violence assaults they have seen,” pled “not guilty” in court on Friday. David Charles, of Santa Clarita, pled not guilty to two counts of attempted murder and one count each of injuring a spouse, ...
Read More »Court Rules In Favor Of Cemex In Ongoing Battle For Mining Operation In Santa Clarita
A federal court sided with Cemex in a ruling against the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) in the ongoing case to allow the company to have a mining site in Santa Clarita on Soledad Canyon Road. A federal court sided with Cemex in a ruling against the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) in the ongoing case to allow the company ...
Read More »
KHTS Radio Santa Clarita Radio – Santa Clarita News