A total of 7,955 coronavirus, COVID-19, cases have been confirmed in Los Angeles County, officials said Thursday. There have been 425 new cases confirmed Thursday, with 1,045 cases in the past 48 hours, according to Dr. Barbara Ferrer, director of the L.A. County Department of Public Health. “I urge everyone to remember how important it is to understand that we ...
Read More »Corona Virus
At Least Two Additional Santa Clarita Transit Drivers Confirmed To Have Coronavirus
At least two additional Santa Clarita Transit bus drivers have been diagnosed with coronavirus, after three cases were reported last week, officials said Monday. The exact number of drivers with COVID-19 is not being released due to privacy, according to Jeff Womack, chief marketing officer for the company that operates the bus system, MV Transportation. “We have had additional positive ...
Read More »6,910 Coronavirus Cases Confirmed In L.A. County, Testing To Increase
A total of 6,910 coronavirus, COVID-19, cases have been confirmed in Los Angeles County, officials said Tuesday. There have been 550 new cases confirmed Tuesday, with over 970 cases in the past 48 hours, according to Dr. Barbara Ferrer, director of the L.A. County Department of Public Health. “We are all adapting to life at home and I want to ...
Read More »Santa Clarita Ballet Company Seeks Community Support Due To Coronavirus Shutdown
The nonprofit Santa Clarita Ballet has been forced to close its doors, making its spring fundraiser more important than ever to ensure that the organization can continue to provide entertainment and education to the community, officials said. The nonprofit Santa Clarita Ballet Company, along with its associated business, the Santa Clarita Ballet Academy, has been forced to cancel not only ...
Read More »Santa Clarita Among Cities In U.S. With Fewest Benefiting From Coronavirus Stimulus
Santa Clarita has been ranked among cities in the United States where the fewest are to benefit from the coronavirus stimulus, officials said. In a report released Wednesday, SmartAsset listed Santa Clarita as the 23rd city where the fewest people would benefit from the COVID-19 stimulus. “The historic COVID-19 stimulus package sets aside $250 billion for direct payments to individuals ...
Read More »At Least 58 Santa Clarita Coronavirus Cases Confirmed, Nine Hospitalized
At least 58 Santa Clarita Valley coronavirus cases have been confirmed as of Wednesday, officials said. Nine of the cases of coronavirus in Santa Clarita have required hospitalization, according to Patrick Moody, spokesperson for Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital. As of Wednesday, Henry Mayo has administered a total of 241 tests, with 184 of which have returned negative, and 33 are ...
Read More »KHTS Focuses On ‘Finding The Good In Santa Clarita’ During Coronavirus Quarantine
With the influx of bad news that has been overtaking headlines in recent days, KHTS has decided to put together a series on the upside of things during the coronavirus, COVID-19 quarantine. Santa Clarita Mayor Cameron Smyth decided to get in on the fun by encouraging the Santa Clarita community to stay active, along with some help from his family. ...
Read More »JCPenney To Furlough ‘Majority’ Of Hourly Store Associates Due To Coronavirus
JCPenney announced Tuesday it plans to extend the temporary closure of its stores and business offices throughout the country, including in the Westfield Valencia Town Center, due to the coronavirus, COVID-19, pandemic, officials said. The announcement that JCPenney is set to furlough employees comes one day after a similar move from Macy’s. The company continues to follow guidance from local, ...
Read More »Senior Resources During “Safer At Home” Order Due To Coronavirus, COVID-19
Governor Gavin Newsom has announced the launch of a new hotline aimed at keeping California seniors connected as residents throughout the state are ordered to stay home to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus. The phone number, 1-833-544-2374, will provide help and critical services for older Californians, the governor said during his daily briefing on the state’s response to ...
Read More »At Least 48 Santa Clarita Coronavirus Cases Confirmed, Seven Hospitalized
There have been at least 48 Santa Clarita coronavirus, COVID-19, cases confirmed as of Monday afternoon, officials said. Seven of those positive cases have been hospitalized, according to Patrick Moody, spokesman for Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital. As of Monday, Henry Mayo has administered a total of 209 tests, with 142 of which have returned negative, and 26 are positive, according ...
Read More »
KHTS Radio Santa Clarita Radio – Santa Clarita News